The Britican Club Includes:
– Phone and email consultancy (Up to 5 phone conversations and unlimited emails)
– Instant access to all our digital guides (Valued at $174.58 for 15 guides)
– Articles, videos, courses, and webinars/live chats with Q&A session for members only based on members requirements
– Members only t-shirts and 20% discount on all Britican apparel
– First refusal on new dates released for the Britican Experience, our week long liveaboard sailing offer
– Personal introductions to other boat owners and quality service professionals
– 50 members only
With over 1.5 million views on YouTube, our exponentially growing website following and keeping up with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest are lives have become quite hectic. For over four years my family and I have documented the good, super amazing, bad and ugly about being a full time sailing liveaboards and cruisers.
We’ve reviewed the marina’s and anchorages we’ve stayed in, created loads of how-to guides, posted weekly articles and videos and have attempted to answer as many emails as we could.
Some people are interested in living through us vicariously, others just need an answer to a few questions, and then there are those that want a hand-holding service to navigate through the minefield of information, action steps and options available.
This Britican Club is for those that want a hand 🙂
Buying a boat and sailing off into the sunset is incredibly awesome but it’s not a quick process. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of small and large decisions that have to be made. To enable success to those that need our support most, we’ve created The Britican Club. Sign up now by clicking the BUY button above and let’s get started. Let’s turn your dreams into a reality (and work on how to enjoy the journey getting to that reality)!
Or keep reading for more information
If you’re looking for any or all of the following, you’ve come to the right place:
- choosing the right boat for coastal or further afield sailing
- selling the idea of sailing or cruising to your partner and/or family
- the in’s and out’s of the sailing/cruising lifestyle
- what’s involved with maintaining and owning a sailboat
- the costs associated with owning/cruising around on a boat
- traveling as a family (social life, homeschooling, living with each other 24 hours/day, etc.)
- staying safe
- developing skills regarding sailing, passage planning, weather forecasts and provisioning
The Britican Club enables us to mentor couples and families, through email and phone communications, to successfully transition into, and embrace, the sailing lifestyle.
We do this by:
- answering burning questions to quickly reduce worries and/or concerns
- being an experienced sounding board for potential plans, ideas and decisions
- highlighting key questions to ask, consider and discuss so to better define expectations of yours and others
- keeping it real – we’re not here to sell the lifestyle and discuss only the positive aspects. We’ll flag problem areas or speak out if we see something that’s not realistic.
- saving you time and money
- putting you in touch with other boaters and/or professionals that will help you on your journey
But lets back up a bit. Who are we to talk?
My husband, Simon, and I are on our 5th year of being full time liveaboard cruisers.
We’ve sailed over 30,000 nautical miles around the Mediterranean, across the Atlantic Ocean, throughout the Caribbean and along the southeast coast of America – all with our young daughter, Sienna, in tow. When we left land Sienna was only 3 ½ years old.
When we started living the sailing lifestyle we had no clue what we were getting ourselves into.
The learning curve was overwhelming. We made so many mistakes – way too often we spent money that we could have saved, made errors that we should have avoided and ultimately reinvented the wheel way too many times.
With so many extensive text-book style boat manuals, sailing forums, YouTube channels and sailing bloggers we got lost. When issues came up we didn’t know where to find the important bit of information we needed.
Sailing books seemed to be overly complicated and confusing.
Responses to questions asked in forums often made us feel bad for asking the question in the first place (duh..how do you not know that?).
YouTube channels can’t be searched so even if you recall seeing a sailing vlog cover something it’s often impossible to find it again!
And sailing bloggers have great content but it’s often hard to find on their website (and I include myself in that! My website has over 400 articles that are very helpful but creating a way that’s easy to find what you need is not so easy).
What I also found once we got into the sailing lifestyle is that there are a whole host of armchair sailors that love to cut you down if you don’t know everything. The sailing world is so full of jargon and even salty seadogs will look at you like you’ve got a third eye when you don’t know the accurate terminology (How dare you ask what reefing means – you shouldn’t be a sailor if you don’t know that)!
Looking back, what we needed was to be able to send an email or pick up the phone and call someone.
Sometimes our questions were broad like:
- what size boat would be best for our family and budget?
- where do I start when it comes to homeschooling?
- how much does it cost to keep the boat going on a monthly basis?
As time went on, our questions became more specific like:
- how do we save money by servicing our engines/motors ourselves?
- how do we clean our fresh water tank?
- does our passage plan from A to B make sense?
- Is this sailing gadget worth the money?
And the questions, ‘Are we making the right decision? Are we doing things right?’ came up over and over again.
We had a few really good resources that we could go to get questions answered but felt bad asking too many things or taking up too much time.
We didn’t want to be a burden but we really wanted help.
Eventually, however, the tide turned and instead of seeking answers to hundreds of questions we started answering those that were following in our footsteps. Because of our learning curve, we’ve found answers and offered help, education and insight through our blog articles, YouTube videos, sailing books, guides and…
So, now we’ve started The Britican Club to mentor over email and the phone (when not at sea) in addition to offering quite a few other value added specials.
Our Club is only $100/month. The way it works is that once you’re a member we’ll set up a phone call to discuss your questions, concerns, ideas and so forth and then we’ll follow up over the course of the month. Additionally you’ll get instant access to all the valuable digital guides in our store, first previews to our videos/articles, members-only content, discounts on all our t-shirts (20% off), first refusal on our Britican Experience sail with us dates and more.
When it’s impractical to use the phone, we can communicate over emails.
The end result, whatever means it takes, is for you to successfully achieve your sailing lifestyle dreams.
The Club is a priority option for those that have questions and concerns but don’t want to spend hours and even days looking for the answer.
Sign up now!
Please note that there are a limited amount of people that will be taken into the Club at any one time so this offer is available on a first come first serve basis and spaces are limited. Furthermore, it’s important to realize that when we’re sailing or in areas with limited wifi it may take longer for responses.
If you have any questions, please email Kim@SailingBritican.com
Feedback from Mentees
“Simon and Kim – You’ve not only helped to keep us sane throughout the boat buying process but you saved us thousands of dollars. If it wasn’t for your thoughtful consideration of our situation, we would have purchased the wrong boat and had a potential nightmare on our hands. And now that we’re out on the water, in our dream boat, I value your assistance with the passage planning and all the other things that pop into my head. Knowing that you’re at the end of the phone or an email has truly made our experience less stressful. Anyone that’s interested in buying a boat and sailing off into the sunset needs to have you two around!” L & T Mann
“Your help has been invaluable. You’ve reduced many of our fears, answered many unknowns and have basically held our hands over the course of 15 months to make our dreams a reality. We can’t thank you enough.” Sam & Mary Shelton
“I love to read your posts and watch your videos. And now that you’re helping me with my plans to set sail on long passages (Brazil to Med and Caribbean) I’m even happier. Your information/tips are very valuable for me. Everyone should follow you guys and sign up to your mentorship service. It’s the best.” O. Santos