On our first boat (a Moody 346), I kept our pots and pans in the space provided below the sink. I kept my baking dishes in the oven. And one of my large pots was stashed away under the aft bed in the hull.
When it came to cooking, I worked hard to create one-pot meals!
The more pots involved the larger the hassle there was to get them out
I found myself spending more time finding what I needed rather than cooking. The handles always stuck out where they shouldn’t; I often lodged one pan against another and had to force them out. And from time to time the pan I needed was furthest from the cupboard door – I’d have to empty everything out to get it. Of course, the lid I needed was nowhere to be found!
At home, I had similar problems. For a large part of my adult life, I always wondered why manufacturers couldn’t create a way for pots to be easily stackable – especially when space is tight.
There must be a solution to free up more space in the galley.
Then I came across the Magma nested pots and pans with a removable handle set.
The set has Five pots, pans, and lids that take up the small space of only 12” by 12” by 6” high! When you take the ‘package’ apart (picture above) this is what comes out:
These 5 pots/pans and lids take up less space than my current handbag!
Let me tell you why these truly are PERFECT for the boat galley:
- All 5 pans nest together perfectly. One-pot on the bottom holding 3 others and one pot upside down to complete the next. The two lids fit within the nest.
- Only 2 lids are needed! There’s one lid that covers the two larger pots and another lid that fits the other 3 pots. No need to work hard to figure out which lid you need – the two are so different, you can easily determine the one required.
- The handles fix onto the side easily and securely. There’s a button type unit that fixes in place when the handle is secured. It’s solid and there’s no chance of it coming off. These handles can fit in cutlery drawer easily.
- There’s a normal and non-stick set. I purchased the non-stick set as washing-up is not my favorite task!
- They’re heavy and feel very solid. I have a feeling that these pots and pans might outlive me! The quality is exceptional.
This set has been on our boat for over six years and it’s still in the shape that it came in. We’ve purchased 10’s of 1000’s of dollars worth of kit for our boat and this is in the top 10 list. I can’t recommend it more highly.
To check out the set on Amazon
For more information on storage on a boat consider the following articles/videos:
How do you free up space in your galley?
Leave your feedback below.