Join us for a passage along the south coast of Puerto Rico so you can determine which anchorages to stop in and which ones to avoid. We put our anchor down in Ponce, Isla De Cardona, Cayo Puerca, and Puerto Patillas. Scroll down to see the map of all our stops.
In this video also discover how we incorporated mangroves into a homeschooling lesson, a bit of yoga on the move, and loads and loads of beautiful views of the sea, sun, and sand.
Sailing South Coast of Puerto Rico Video
Looking for EVERYTHING that we have on sailing around Puerto Rico?!
Refer to the map below to discover all the anchorages, marina’s, and Islands that Sailing Britican stopped at in Puerto Rico. If you’d like to be notified of new videos, make sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter now.
It’s not the best book in the world and the author has a bit of a chip on his shoulder but there’s some very good information here.
You can get the book on Amazon here: Passages South
Sailing The South Coast of Puerto Rico Map
Start off with our article and video entitled, Sailing Puerto Rico, Cabo Rojo. Also, check out our review of the awesome marina in Cabo Rajo – Marina Pescaderia. If you’re planning on crossing the Mona Passage from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico, Marina Pescaderia is the best place to ‘land.’ The marina is full service set in a tranquil mangrove bay. The owner/manager Jose is the best marina manager we’ve met in all our years of traveling. This marina will not disappoint.
Areas 2 through 5
Watch the video above to see the anchorages of Ponce, Isla de Cardona, Cayo Puerca & Puerto Patillas.
E for Extra
In a previous sailing season, while heading from the south to the north of the Caribbean, we stopped in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Check out Sailing from USVI to North Carolina: Puerto Rico. On that link, you’ll find an article with a video at the bottom showcasing the amazing city of San Juan.
We could use your help! Please support Britican the following ways:
- Follow us on Facebook by clicking here. Once you’re on the page, hit the ‘LIKE’ button
- Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel here. To subscribe, visit the channel and click on ‘SUBSCRIBE.’ And if you can give us a thumbs up on our videos.
- Join our community on Patreon. Patreon supporters get early viewings on our videos, special rewards and the special Patreon only updates. Check out our page here: Patreon/SailingBritican
Other Videos & Articles That May Interest You…
- How about Sailing Across The Mona Passage
- Sail Puerto Rico – Cabo Rojo
- Marina Pescaderia Review – Cabo Rojo
- Sailing into Palms del Mar – Puerto Rico
- Anchoring in Culebra – The Spanish Virgin Islands
- Sailing Puerto Rico – Drop A Hook Or Pass It By?
- Sailing The Spanish Virgin Islands
If you’d like an overview of all the places we’ve visited in the Caribbean please read our destination overview: Caribbean