Join us for a voyage from Bequia to Union Island in St Vincent & The Grenadines. You’ll enjoy some sailing, a fish story (that ends badly for Simon and the fish), some awesome Kite surfing stunts, spectacular views you’ll get when on land and some information on what to do with trash and booking in/out from Union Island Grenadines.
Kite Surfing And More On Union Island Grenadines Video
A Bit More About Union Island Grenadines
Cliffton is the main city on Union Island. You’ll find a couple of grocery stores, one bank, several eateries and a fruit/veg market. It’s not a massive place to stock up but you can get some staples. Overall, items are far more expensive (and probably not as good quality) as you can get on other islands.
If you’re making your way down to Grenada, buy only what you really need on Union. Once in Grenada, there are several good grocery stores and markets with more variety and you’ll find them to be less pricey.
Aside from Cliffton, the other anchorage on Union Island that we enjoy is Chatham Bay.
It’s located around the other side of the island. This bay has a superb holding, great protection and it’s a little slice of heaven. There are a couple shack bars that will provide drinks and a lobster dinner. There’s also an eco-resort that has a great bar, pool, and a restaurant. There’s no electricity in the bay so at night you will hear the hum of generators until everyone goes to bed. Stargazing is a delight in this bay!
From Chatham, it’s an excellent walk up the hill and along the road over to Cliffton. You can see the water from every side – the views are spectacular. There’s also good snorkeling along the northern shore. Simon and I once came upon a massive green eel.
Union Island Grenadines Photos
Resources mentioned in the Union Island Video
- Watch our ‘How To Fillet A Mahi Mahi’ video. If you’re planning on catching your meals from the back of the boat it’s important to know how to fillet the fish (and try not to get smacked in the head by it). You’ll need a good fillet knife, cutting board and what else? Watch the video to get the full scoop: How To Fillet A Mahi Mahi
- Join the Britican Club and get even more goodies. Get premium content (to see some examples, visit our Members Only area) and access to all of our helpful sailing guides (view all the guides here) and a direct email/phone line to Simon, Kim and Sienna to discuss how we can help you to make your sailing dreams come true. More here: Britican Club
- Come sailing with us – Britican Sailing Experience. Come join us for a week-long sailing experience! We’ve opened our boat to singles, couples, and families (up to four people) for a week-long liveaboard experience. Come enjoy the tropical beauty of Grenada and the Grenadines while learning how to sail, understanding what it takes to become a liveaboard boatie and much more. Get the full scoop here: The Britican Experience
And There’s More!
- Get a quick start on becoming a Liveaboard Cruiser. Buy one or all of our guides – they’re easy-to-read (no jargon), will get you pointed in the right direction and they’ll most likely help you to save $1000’s by sharing what to do/what not to do/tips, tricks and secrets. Take advantage of our special offer today. Sailing Britican Guides Special Offer
- Become a Patron and get special goodies! Get premium content (view examples here Members Only), get to watch all our videos days before they’re live to the public and have VIP responses to your questions. Find out more here: Patreon Patron
- Buy a Funny Sailing T-shirt for you or a loved one. Grab one of our funny nautical t-shirts or other gifts in our Etsy Shop
Any questions, comments or feedback?
Please leave your thoughts below. We appreciate hearing from you 🙂